Easy Quiz Questions
If you are looking for very easy quiz questions and answers then look no further. You may use these any way you please as long as you don't put them on another website or blog. None of the following easy questions and answers are used in any of our pub quizzes so if you are downloading them you can substitute some of them with the easy questions on the next few pages. There are lots and lots of pages of free quiz questions and in this section on each page there will be fun facts, we will also pick a question that looks interesting and write a small article about it and put it below the questions.
Did you know that the Big Ben clock tower is older than the Taj Mahal and it's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket in St. Louis?
- 1. Which planet is closest to the sun? Mercury
- 2. How many holes are there in a ten pin bowling ball? 3
- 3. What is a baby seal called? A Pup
- 4. How many valves or keys does a trumpet have? 3
- 5. How is the number 5 written in Roman numerals? V
- 6. What cheese shares its name with an English Gorge? Cheddar
- 7. In which country is the Louvre Museum? France
- 8. Which is the tallest mountain in the world? Mount Everest
- 9. What is the name of Fred Flintstones daughter? Pebbles
- 10. How many 'Village People' were there? 6
- 11. How many wings does a bee have? 4
- 12. True or False: All polar bears are left-handed? True
- 13. How many arms does a starfish usually have? 5
- 14. What is the name given to a group of Lions? Pride
- 15. Cats were once sacred animals in what ancient culture? Egyptian
- 16. Who were the backing group for Bill Hailey? Comets
- 17. In Children's TV, who had the ability to swap heads? Worzel Gummage
- 18. What was the name of the cow in "The Magic Roundabout"? Ermintrude
- 19. What type of sandwiches were Paddington's favourite? Marmalade
- 20. What type of vegetable is a mange-tout? Pea
The proper name for these creatures is Sea Stars, they are not fish as their common name suggests, they don't have gills or fins and don't swim like fish. They move around using tiny tubes on the underside of their arms and are in the same class of animals as Sea Cucumbers, yes they are indeed animals. Sea Stars typically have five arms while some species have many more, usually but not always, in a multiple of five, the Sun Star for example has forty arms and is the largest. There are over two thousand known species of Sea Star and they live throughout the world in every type of climate there is.
Sea Stars have some unusual traits, one is the ability to grow back arms. When they feel threatened they can drop an arm to keep the predator occupied, make their escape and grow a new arm to replace it later, it's a slow process though, it can take up to a year to fully re-grow an arm. Because their vital organs are located in their arms it's possible for a Sea Star to fully regenerate even if it's only got one arm remaining, it's quite remarkable. These amazing creatures have a water vascular system instead of blood, sea water is drawn in from it's top side and moves through the hundreds of tubes on it's underside, together with the help of muscles they can move quicker than you might expect.
The short video below gives a fascinating insight to these unusual animals. On the many following pages of free quiz questions we take a question and answer that looks interesting and go into more detail like we just did above, the purpose is for you to glean even more questions for your quiz and educate at the same time. We also put interesting facts in the heading above the questions and answers on every page, tap the more arrow above or there are another 20 easy quiz questions and fun facts here: Easy General Knowledge Questions and Answers.