Quick Quiz Questions
If you're looking for a quick quiz then look no further. You will like these fun quiz questions and best of all they're absolutely free. Questions for a quiz don't get better than this. Did you know that only one percentage of the Earth's water is drinkable and you can't catch a cold at the North Pole?
- 1. Kiev is the capital of which country? Ukraine
- 2. True or False, most Eskimos have fridges? True (to keep their food from freezing)
- 3. What is the birthstone for July? Ruby
- 4. Which is the only mammal capable of sustained flight? Bat
- 5. Who is the Greek god of the Sea? Poseidon
- 6. Which French car shares its name with a Spanish born painter and sculptor? The Citroen Xsara Picasso
- 7. Multiple choice: What item of food inspired the idea for the computer game Pac-man, was it Pizza, Watermelon or Cake? Pizza
- 8. Who were the runners up in the 1994 football world cup? Italy
- 9. "Brochan" is a Scottish word for which type breakfast food? Porridge
- 10. Who played the lead male role in the film 'Edward Scissorhands'? Johnny Depp
- 11. What is Scooby Doo`s favourite food? Scooby Snacks
- 12. How many verses make up the national anthem 'God Save The Queen'? Three
- 13. What number in Bingo is sometimes referred to as 'Heinz varieties'? 57
- 14. What movement did Lord Baden Powell found? Boy Scouts
- 15. The leaf from which tree is on the Canadian national flag? Maple
- 16. In what decade was VAT introduced into the UK? 70's 1973
- 17. Which dart player was known as the Crafty Cockney? Eric Bristow
- 18. What is prepared in a tannery? Leather
- 19. What cheese shares its name with an English Gorge? Cheddar
- 20. Which Geordie actor played the role of Spender? Jimmy Nail
Bats are not blind and can see perfectly well but they do use echolocation when hunting for prey at night. They emit high frequency sounds which bounce back and the bats brain forms a very detailed mental picture of the landscape in a fraction of a second, it's quite remarkable if you think about it for a minute.
There are nearly one thousand known species of Bats which are divided up into two subsets, the Megabat and the Microbat, the smallest bat being the Banana Pipistrelle of Central Africa, it's only one and a half inches long and has a wingspan of only five inches. The largest Megabat is the Large Flying Fox which hails from Java, an Island in Indonesia, and achieves a wingspan of nearly five feet and a body length of one and a half feet.
Bats are the only mammals that are capable of sustained flight and normally only give birth to one baby at a time, a baby bat is called a pup. Because bats don't build nests for their young the pups have to hold on to the mother until they are ready to fly, like humans they drink milk and another thing that they've got in common is baby talk or babbling.