Online Pub Quizzes
You came for an online pub quiz and that's what I'm going to give you. Did you know there are more than just free quizzes on this website. We have Picture Quizzes and Dingbats Quizzes too. Did you know that Urea, a chemical found in your pee, is added to cigarettes to make them taste better?
- 1. If a month has a Friday the thirteenth then on what day of the week would that month begin? Sunday
- 2. What was the name of Inspector Clouseau's manservant? Cato
- 3. What is the capital of British Columbia? Victoria
- 4. What did St Patrick rid Ireland of according to legend? Snakes
- 5. In food, what is Chowder? Soup
- 6. Which word can do before the following - Ball, Drunk and Line? Punch
- 7. Who played Rick Blaine in the film Casablanca? Humphrey Bogart
- 8. Which famous playwright was Anne Hathaway married to? William Shakespeare
- 9. Out of all the animals which make up the Chinese horoscope, which comes first alphabetically? Dog
- 10. The Queen's ship Britannia was preceded by 3 letters, which ones? HMY
- 11. What does HMY stand for? His or Her Majesty's Yatch
- 12. What is Fred Flintstone's wife called? Wilma
- 13. Where would you find a Purser? On a ship
- 14. Electricity enters a UK home in how many volts? 240v
- 15. Which is London's oldest theatre? Theatre Royal, "Drury Lane"
- 16. What is the process known as whereby plants make food using light? Photosynthesis
- 17. What type of animal is a 'clouded yellow'? Butterfly
- 18. A musical note is lowered by a flat, but what is it raised by? A Sharp
- 19. What was the name of the Spice Girls first No 1 single? Wannabe
- 20. Who in 1994 accused Bill Clinton of sexual harassment? Paula Corbin
The Pink Panther
There were five films made between 1963 and 1978 starring Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau a bumbling French police detective. In the series of films The Pink Panther was a priceless pink diamond that had a tiny flaw and when viewed with a magnifying glass looked like a leaping pink panther. There were many more films made but the ones starring Peter Sellers were undoubtedly the most successful and critically acclaimed.
The opening sequence in the first film was an animated cartoon featuring the Pink Panther character which later went on to become a hugely popular Saturday morning series of short cartoon films, which lead to lucrative merchandising and a series of comic books. The Pink Panther character was used in the opening and closing title sequences of all subsequent films apart from two. There were eleven Pink Panther films made in all but were mostly financial failures apart from the original Peter Sellers movies and one that starred Steve Martin as Clouseau in 2006.