Trivia Quiz Questions
We hope you enjoy the Trivia Quiz Questions below, they are free for you to use in your pub quizzes. All the Trivia Quiz Questions were hand selected by us to be easy for most people to answer. In case you haven't noticed we select one of the questions below at random and write a short paragraph going into more detail on that subject matter, we do this on every page, hint: you can get more quiz questions from them.
Did you know that Henry Ford did not invent either the automobile or the assembly line, that Thomas Crapper did not invent the flush toilet and Alexander Graham Bell was not the first person to invent the telephone? What else did they teach us in school?
- 1. What is the highest mountain in Africa? Mt Kilimanjaro
- 2. In which decade was comedian Jim Davidson born? 1950's
- 3. In the song, 'The House of the Rising Sun' is in which city? New Orleans
- 4. Ash Wednesday is the first day of what? Lent
- 5. Children's literature, in which books would you find Eeyore and Kanga? Winnie the Pooh stories
- 6. What is the name of the block of flats were the Trotter family live in TV's Only Fools and Horses? Nelson Mandela House
- 7. How high, in feet, is the crossbar on a football goal? Eight
- 8. What is the official language of Bulgaria? Bulgarian
- 9. Who was launched into space aboard Vostok 1 in 1961? Yuri Gagarin
- 10. What do you do with a 'Won Ton'? Eat it
- 11. What is the 1st book of the Bible? Genesis
- 12. With which classic song did Bruce Willis have a UK No.2 hit in 1987? Under The Boardwalk
- 13. What is the name of the cooking technique where vegetables are cut into narrow fine sticks? Julienne
- 14. On which Apollo mission did Armstrong and Aldrin land on the moon? Apollo 11
- 15. What is the name of the famous cowboy of rugged jaw and limited intelligence in the Dandy comic? Desperate Dan
- 16. What is the name given to the thin veil worn by Muslim women in public? Yashmak
- 17. Which country's capital city is San Salvador? El Salvador
- 18. In the Bible, which angel foretold the birth of Jesus? Gabriel
- 19. In which galaxy is the Earth? Milky Way
- 20. What type of sausage is usually served in a coil? Cumberland
The Milky Way
Have you ever wondered how they know what our Milky Way looks like? Did you know that scientists also know our position in the Milky Way? We're in one of the safest regions of our Galaxy about three quarters of the way out from the center, how do they know all this? When you look at the night sky, away from light pollution, you can clearly see part of our Galaxy sweeping majestically across the sky in front of you. Of course we're only seeing a small part of it from our view point and it makes you wonder how they calculate where we are in this huge spiral galaxy.
The answer to these questions is quite simple when you look at the sky from different positions all around the globe. If you take pictures from every location and stitch them together you will end up with a 360 degree picture of the visible universe and our galaxy. One question that people ask is, how do we know we're not on the outside edge of our galaxy looking in? The simple answer is that we know where the center is and when we look in the opposite direction we can see another arm of the Milky Way.